It’s a recipe I do the days I want to eat something “light”. Easy to make and perfect for the next day’s lunch box!
I made it for my friends and when I asked them if it really had the taste of the doner, that I wanted, they said, “Yeah, but it’s not that dirty.” I think I did it.
- 500 gr chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice, separately
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dry
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dry
- 50 ml olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and transfer to a bowl.
- In a blender, beat the garlic, lemon zest, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, thyme and oregano.
- Beat well until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add salt, pepper, olive oil and 1 tbsp. lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the marinade to the chicken and mix with well to go everywhere.
- Optionally leave the chicken in the refrigerator covered with a plastic wrap for an hour.
- Put a non-stick pan on a strong heat to burn.
- ;Add the chicken and saute until golden brown on all sides for 3-4 minutes.
- It is very important to not mix it too much, so that all sides are well cooked.
- Pour 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix.