The best ”French” company for the eggs and synonymous of a good brunch! It is best kept in a thermos and it is good to stay for up to 4-6 hours only.
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 gr butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter slowly in a small pan, careful not to boil.
- Put the egg yolks in a double boiler and whisk them until they are fluffy. Be careful the bottom of the bowl, do not touch the hot water.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper cayenne to the bowl and mix.
- Pour the melted butter slowly and stir continuously. It is important to pour the butter gradually and in small quantities.
- Taste the sauce, it should be buttery, lemon-flavored and slightly salty.
- Correct if needed by adding a little lemon juice or salt.