There are a lot of different ways to dye your eggs. Though, the one that I propose to you is the best! Why? Because if you follow strict the instructions I give you, the colour will not penetrate the shell of the egg, leaving white the egg white! Attention, please: to get beautiful pale colours, you need to buy white eggs!
- 10 white eggs
- ½ of a cup salt
- Colours for confectionary (red, yellow, blue)
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- Add the eggs to a large pot with the salt and water.
- Boil them for 20 minutes, taking care not to have them broken.
- Remove them from the pot and let them cool.
- Fill 3 glasses up to their middle with warm water.
- Add vinegar until their three quarters.
- Add 10 drops of red colour to the first glass.
- Add 10 drops of blue colour to the second glass.
- Add 15 drops of yellow colour to the third glass.
- Add one by one the eggs to each glass.
- The more time an egg remains in each glass, the more intense its shade will be. They have to remain at least 30 seconds inside the glass but you may leave them up to two minutes, especially the ones in the yellow that is a more sensitive colour.
- Remove the eggs, lay them on kitchen paper and let them dry. Do not wipe them with paper to avoid colour removal.
- When you have finished with the procedure, empty the glasses and wash them immediately.