I love the smell of freshly baked cake in the house and I grab every opportunity to get into the kitchen and make one!
In today’s recipe I choose honey, cinnamon and orange to make a sweet cake that offers me a high nutritional value, besides the great taste.
- 225 gr flour (self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 225 gr sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 300 gr honey
- 225 ml orange juice
- zest from 3 oranges
- Preheat oven to 160° C.
- Cover a cake pan with margarine and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger and sugar with a spoon.
- Add the eggs, sunflower oil, 225 ml orange juive, zest and honey.
- Mix well with a whisk until the flour has dissolved completely, (batter should be really runny).
- Pour batter in to the cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 20 minutes in pan and then turn it over onto a wire rack to cool completely.