You may have connected hilopites traditional Greek egg pasta with winter-time, but this recipe is here to change all of your assumptions. The hilopites is served with spring-time vegetables into a dish that is created to be eaten when the sun gets warmer.
- VEAL WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- BOLOGNESE AND CHEESE SAUCE CANNELLONI IN A POT
- PASTA WITH FIGS AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
- 1 l of water
- 300 g hilopites pasta
- 10 asparagus
- 100 g peas (frozen)
- 2 baby zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ of a bunch spearmint
- ½ of a lemon, juice and zest
- 1 red pepper (chopped into small cubes)
- 150 g parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Thinly slice the asparagus, keeping their tops full.
- Place a pot over medium to high heat.
- Add the water add when it has started boiling add the hilopites, the thinly sliced asparagus, their tops and the peas.
- Boil for 7-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and sieve properly.
- Add the zucchinis. The spring onions, the spearmint, the peppers, the parmesan cheese, the lemon, pepper, olive oil, salt and stir.
- Soft-boil the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Serve into plates and top each one of them with an egg.