The all time classic cheesecake is subject to many modifications! Today I give it extra flavor with a simple addition … With hazelnut praline!
IngredientsFor the base:
- 250 gr cookies
- 120 gr margarine with butter, melted
- 600 gr cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 60 gr caster sugar
- 200 gr heavy cream, 35% fat
- 2 oranges, zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 80 gr hazelnut praline
- caramelized almonds (optional)
- jam or praline (optional)
InstructionsFor the biscuit base:
- Blend the biscuits until they become powdery.
- Add the melted butter and beat it together.
- Put a stirrup in a pan with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture in. Spread it by hand, all over the surface, pushing it to become as compact as possible.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 10 minutes. Remove and let it cool down.
- In the mixer bin, beat the cream cheese with sugar.
- Add the heavy cream, the lemon juice, the zest and continue stirring until the ingredients are joined together to create a smooth cream.
- It can be done by hand but requires enough strength and persistence.
- Remove half of the mix from the mixer.
- Add the hazelnut praline and mix.
- Empty the first mixture over the biscuit base, straighten the surface with a spatula and add the praline mixture.
- Cover with a membrane and put the dessert in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, to tighten the cream.
- I used caramelized almonds. You can play with jam or 2-3 tablespoons of pralina.