How much can a 12-month-old creature change you? How much can help you put your priorities in the right order? It came to our lives in such a sweet way that I remember these days somewhat like a dream!
I may not remember what I ate yesterday and forget about things like paying my cell phone or even my dad’s birthday. But i can’t forget details such as the words we said when we first hold her, her face when we first met, her dad’s and mommy’s words. I do not forget the first time her grandfather called me ”godfather”. I can not erase the sentiment of the first time I fed her fish soup. And she ate it all!
Somehow, 12 months later, we found ourselves counting days and watching her going from one corner of the house to the other. She laughs and we laugh. She frowns and we stare at her, straight in the eyes, until she smiles again.
At this age she is not allowed to eat sweets! Of course, in that age, i would eat up a whole box of biscuits but that’s another story. That’s why I decided to make a cake that does not have sugar, has not anything to which she might show an allergy (such as nuts) and generally i made it with raw materials that are preferred to one-year-olds.
My ally in her first cake was Flora with butter that unlocks all the flavor and gives a perfect texture to every cake.
IngredientsFor the sponge cake
- 2 ripe bananas melted
- 200 gr Flora with butter at room temperature.
- 4 large eggs (organic, free range)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 360 gr flour all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 300 gr cream cheese
- 250 gr baby yoghurt with blueberries
- 50 gr of Flora with butter at room temperature
InstructionsFor sponge cake
- Peel the ripe bananas and put them in a bowl.
- Add Flora with butter and mix well. If there is a mixer, hit it in the mixer.
- Add one egg and mix.
- Finally, add the vanilla and stir well.
- In another bowl, we pass the flour through the sieve, add baking powder, soda and cinnamon and mix well.
- Mix the mixture of liquids with the mixture of solids.
- Transfer to two round baking pan of 15 centimeters in diameter.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 ° C for 60 minutes.
- Once the sponge cakes have been baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to come to room temperature. Prepare them from the day before, for better results.
- Cut the top with the bread knife and give them a flat shape.
- In a large bowl, add all three ingredients and mix until the color is homogeneous.
- Cover the mixture with a membrane and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- For setting the cake spread 1/4 of the mixture on the first sponge cake.
- Put the second sponge on top like a lid and apply with a spatula the remaining mixture over and around the cake.