This create this recipe one random weekend at home with whatever materials I had in the fridge! I used fresh tortellini (but you can do it with packaged), a Cretan gruyere brought from the island and a sausage from Mykonos. The dish taste like Greece but it could even be served in a New York restaurant!
For the cream gruyere I made a kind of sauce and “finished” the dish with gratinating few minutes in the oven.
- EGG AND SAUCE HOLLANDAISE SAVORY WAFFLES
- BOLOGNESE AND CHEESE SAUCE CANNELLONI IN A POT
- PASTA AL FORNO WITH VEGAN CAULIFLOWER ”BESSAMEL”
IngredientsFor the cream gruyere:
- 50 gr margarine with butter
- 50 gr flour
- 500 ml milk
- 200 gr Gruyère, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 yolks
- 1 sausage (Mykonos variety preferably)
- 400 gr tortellini
- 4 eggs
InstructionsFor the cream gruyere:
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and in another pot melt the margarine with butter.
- Pour the flour in margarine with butter, roast slightly and slowly add the milk.
- It needs a good stirring with the wire every time you pour milk into the mixture, so as not to clot our mix.
- Continue until you take all the milk and leave to heat until the cream thickens.
- Then add the grated Gruyere cheese and continue stirring.
- After removing the pot from the fire, add the 2 yolks, salt, pepper and stir.
- Cut the sausage into small cubes and saute on a hot non-stick pan, untill it gets some color.
- Boil the tortellini according to the instructions of the package.
- In a large bowl mix the cream gruyere with diced sausage and cooked tortellini and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color.
- Finally, fry 4 eggs, place them over cooked tortellini and serve