This is a superb recipe and the perfect antidote to a cold winter. Curry takes us to Indian cuisine. Chickpeas and couscous take us to the countries of Maghreb, Egypt and the Middle East. The rest of the ingredients, familiar either to the Mediterranean or to ethnic cuisine, like ginger, coconut milk, mint and garlic, they add their own taste to this eclectic exoticism that is served on our plate.
- BEETROOT AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- VEGAN CHICKPEAS AND SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI (GLUTEN FREE)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ of onion
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- ½ of cup finely diced carrots
- 300 g boiled chickpeas (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons green curry
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 150 g couscous
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 slices hot pepper (per dish)
- Lime juice
- Fresh mint (chopped)
- Spring onion (chopped)
- Heat a pot, large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, garlic, ginger, carrot and onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add curry and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and stir to coat once more. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, lime zest, and stir to combine. Bring mixture to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once simmering, add couscous, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding fresh lime juice and salt.
- Then turn off heat and let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavor to permeate the chickpeas and couscous even more.
- Serve with fresh lime juice, hot pepper, mint, and chopped spring onions.