The best way to recycle a stale greek sweet bread and rebuild a dessert!
- 1/2 greek sweet bread, sliced 2 cm.
- 4 eggs
- 400 gr milk
- 400 gr heavy cream
- 50 gr cream cheese
- 50 gr hazelnuts, crumpled
- 150 gr liquid black sugar
- 50 gr butter, for the pan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 vanillins
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- 10 hazelnuts, crumbled
- Butter a baking pan.
- Arrange the slices, one on top of the other
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, cream, cheese, hazelnuts, sugar, salt, nutmeg, lemon zest, vanilla and stir in the bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet bread to cover all the pieces.
- Cover with a membrane and put the baking pan in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C with air.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed, remove it from the refrigerator and bake it for 45 minutes until it gets a nice golden color.
- Garnish with lemon zest and hazelnuts.