This is a different version of the Greek pastitsio that has nothing to do with that of Greek mama’s cuisine. It is prepared with pulled chicken made of breast fillet instead of minced meat, something that makes it healthier than it is in its traditional recipe. In a nutshell, perfect for summer menu!
- VEAL WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- BOLOGNESE AND CHEESE SAUCE CANNELLONI IN A POT
- PASTA WITH FIGS AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
IngredientsFor the chicken
- 3 chicken breast fillers
- 1 l of water
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of pepper granules
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400 g tomato concassé
- The 3 chicken fillets that you have already prepared
- 1 package of pasta for pastitsio
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 300 g grated gruyere
- 500 ml béchamel sauce
InstructionsFor the chicken
- Add the fillets, the water, the onion and the pepper granules in a large pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and allow 40 minutes to cook.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the chicken to reach room temperature.
- Thinly chop it and pull it with a fork.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, bring the olive oil to a heat,
- Sauté the chicken and the onion that has been boiled for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the sliced garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Finally, add the concassé tomato, salt and pepper and sauté for a couple of minutes until the tomato liquid has evaporated.
- Cook the pasta according to packaging directions.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Strain the pasta and add it to the greased pan.
- Add the ground gruyere and stir properly.
- On top of it, add the cooked chicken.
- Finally, top it with the béchamel sauce and spread it all over its surface.
- Bake in properly preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.