The hazelnuts are my favorite nut in all its versions! Here I make a delicious juicy cake with dates coupled with grated hazelnuts.
- PEAR CAKE
- VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE ALMOND AND CRANBERRIES CAKE
- LEMON POPPY SEED (VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE) CAKE
- 15 medjool dates, soaked overnight in cold water or for 10 minutes in boiling water and drained
- 200 gr ground hazelnuts, if you can't find them in store, you can grind the hazelnuts into a fine powder using a food processor
- 50 gr smashed hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons oil, coconut, hazelnut or any type of vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 80 ml non dairy milk, any kind
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto (Optional)
- 40 gr dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons non dairy milk, any kind
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Use a food processor to blend the dates into a smooth purée.
- Add the puréed dates into a bowl along with all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to your, greased, baking dish of choice.
- Bake in oven for around 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, make the icing.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the milk a teaspoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency.
- Spread evenly over the cake.