How many tons of ink have been spilled throughout international bibliography to highlight the importance of breakfast in our diet? Yet still, some of us keep doing the mistake to begin our day with just a mug of coffee! I am no exception to the rule – there are plenty of times I catch myself leaving my place without having a proper breakfast, ending up in junk food choices for the rest of the day!
For this reason, in collaboration with Fytro, I propose to you 3 different recipes that you may have them prepared from the day before – it’s saving time! We all know very well how important are these 5 more minutes of sleeping-time!
Tip: There is a much helping tip, before you eat your breakfast, drink a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed! This beneficial habit sets your metabolism in motion, reinforces your immune system and gets your skin to glow!
Overnight Oats with caramelized banana and fruits
Waiting for you in the fridge from the night before
- 1 cup Fytro oat flakes
- 1 ½ of a cup Fytro almond drink
- 1 tablespoon coconut powder
- 2 tablespoons Fytro dark brown sugar
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons dried nuts of your own choice
- The night before, put in a bowl the Fytro oat flakes with the raisins and the Fytro almond drink and let it rest in the fridge.
- Peel the banana and cut it vertically in two pieces.
- Put the Fytro dark brown sugar in a non-stick pan and give it the shape of the banana.
- Place the banana on top of the dark brown sugar and let it get caramelized for 1 minute.
- Next, take the banana out of the pan and put it in the bowl with the oat flakes you prepared the night before.
- Garnish with dried nuts and coconut powder.
Rice pudding with quinoa and almond milk
A favorite dessert of our childhood years turns to a dream-like, healthy and vegan breakfast!
- 1 cup Fytro Quinoa
- 4 cups Fytro almond drink
- ⅓ of a cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ of a teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ of a teaspoon salt
- ½ of a teaspoon orange zest
- Put quinoa in a strainer. Rinse well with cold water and let it dry.
- Put all ingredients in a pot of medium size.
- Boil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Cover with the lid so all steam stays inside.
- Stir with a wooden ladle every 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and let it boil for 5 more minutes or till the rice pudding thickens and quinoa soaks up most -if not all- of the almond drink.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve in bowls.
- Before serving, allow to cool for some minutes.
- Upon personal taste, sprinkle more cinnamon on it and garnish with dried nuts.
The last-minute breakfast that gives you energy for the rest of the day!
- 1 cup Fytro muesli with dried fruits
- 1 cup Fytro almond drink
- 50 g frozen forest fruits
- 2 tablespoons Fytro blackberry marmalade
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Put the forest fruits with the Fytro marmalade in a pot and boil them over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir the Fytro muesli with dried fruits with the Fytro almond drink.
- Serve by putting the fruit mix on top of the muesli.
- Garnish with dried nuts and savor your breakfast!