I cannot do a tribute week to Figs without cooking a fig pizza! Do you remember the one I did 2 years ago? It was with mozzarella and prosciutto, click here to get the recipe!
IngredientsFor the pizza
- 1 kg. hard wheat flour (special for bread)
- 7 g. sugar
- 20 g. salt
- 8 g. dry yeast
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oi l
- 600 ml lukewarm water
- tomato sauce and grounded mozzarella
- 4 figs cut in half
- 200 gr mozzarella in slices
- 1 sausage cut in slices
- 100 gr parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves
InstructionsFor the pizza
- Dissolve the yeast in a few tablespoons of lukewarm water knead well and add all the ingredients.
- Then knead in a mixer or by hand.
- Make the dough a small ball, put it in a bowl, cover it with a cotton towel and let it double in size for half an hour.
- Divide dough into balls, cover and leave them double in size for another half hour.
- The Pizza needs baking in very hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
- To enhance the temperature, let the pan get hot enough before putting the pizza in.
- Open pizza to the size you want, place over tomato sauce and the rest of the ingredients and bake for 10 minutes.