Fava is actually any leguminous pulp and not just this one specifically.
I “marry” her with carrots and onion and make it incredibly creamy!
- 1/2 kg fava
- 1 dry onion dry
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 tea cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Soak the fava in water for 30 minutes and then drain it.
- Put in a pan with a thick base and the cover with water (at least 5 fingers over).
- Once boiled, skim well, stir and lower the heat.
- Once cooked through, turn off the heat and with a wooden spoon stir constantly to make it creamy.
- Pass the cramed fava through an immersion blender to homogenize it with carrots and onion.
- Add the olive oil and salt.
- Optionally, saute onions in 2 tbl. olive oil for 3-4 minutes until they become transparent.
- Serve fava on a platter and garnish with onion slices.
- We accompany olives.