Strapatsada, kayana, tourlou, there are many names for this dish, but the recipe has two basic ingredients: eggs and tomatoes!
It can be varied according to the personal taste and for me the onions and herbs has the most important role! Juicy, delicious and hearty, kayana is a food for all hours, from morning till night!
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 onion, cut into very small cubes
- 1 small cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (oregano, basil, mint)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the tomatoes and grate them on the rough side of the grater.
- Put the pan into the fire, pour the olive oil in it and just warm it up and add the finely chopped onion.
- Once the onion is transparent, pour the grated tomato and salt. Let it boil for about 5-10 minutes, depending on the juice of the tomatoes.
- Break the eggs and put them in a bowl
- Put them in the pan and, with a spoon, cover with the sauce the egg white, but not the yolks, they should stay juicy.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes until the egg is well cooked.