A healthy dish that is perfect if you wish to recover from the overindulgence of the festive season. The cracked wheat fits ideally with the broccoli, the cauliflower and the Brussels sprouts, while the beetroot brings balance to the flavours.
- BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER TORTELLINI AU GRATIN
- TWO SALADS FOR YOUR OFFICE MENU!
- TART WITH BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 2 sprigs of thyme, only the leaves (finely chopped)
- ¼ of a broccoli, hand chopped in small pieces
- ¼ of a cauliflower, hand chopped in small pieces
- 5 Brussels sprouts
- ½ of a beetroot, chopped in pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for dressing
- Lemon juice for dressing
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and 1 cup of cracked wheat.
- Stirring with a ladle, sauté the cracked wheat for 2-3 minutes (until golden brown).
- When it is ready, remove it from the burner.
- Add the herbs, 1 cup of vegetable broth, the lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir the mix and place the pan back on the burner.
- When large bubbles have started to break the surface of the mix, cover the pan with a lid, remove it from the burner and let it aside for 10 minutes so all broth will be absorbed by the cracked wheat.
- 10 minutes after, the cracked wheat is ready.
- Inside a pot with salted water boil until al dente the broccoli, the cauliflower and the Brussels sprouts cut into halves.
- When they are ready, fry them in a grill pan until they get a crispy surface.
- For the beetroot, you can either buy it ready to eat or prepare it by yourself. If you want to prepare it by yourself, season it with salt and pepper, wrap it with foil and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes. Then, remove it from the oven and peel it.
- Put all ingredients inside a bowl and fold until evenly distributed.
- Serve hot with fresh herbs of your choice and finally pour on top of it a bit of raw olive oil.
- Serve in a plate, pour olive oil and a bit of lemon juice on top of it.