The most delicious summer fritters of this world are prepared with zucchini, egg, cheese and a lot of herbs. Of course, instead of frying them, you bake them in the oven so they get their distinctive and addicting taste!
- LIGHT CHICKEN MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE
- SPINACH AND FETA CHEESE FILLED BURGERS
- SOUTZOUKAKIA (GREEK MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE) RECIPE
- 1 kg zucchini
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 3 thinly chopped onion springs
- 3 eggs
- 250 g feta cheese
- 100 g grated gruyere
- 3 tablespoons of thinly chopped fresh spearmint
- 3 tablespoons of thinly chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of thinly chopped dill
- ½ of a cup olive oil
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g ground bread rusk
- A bit of salt
- A bit of pepper
- Thickly grate the zucchinis.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, non-stick pan and bring it to a heat.
- Sauté properly the onion until golden brown and then add the zucchini.
- Simmer until all of its liquids have evaporated.
- Thinly chop the spearmint, the parsley and the dill.
- Ground the rusks with your hands.
- Add all ingredients inside a bowl and mix them.
- Mould the fritters. If the mixture is watery, add a bit of ground rusk.
- Add the fritters to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven to 180°C.