You do not need a specific occasion. No need to have a celebration or birthday. A cake that will take you 15 minutes to make and it will be like a festive decoration on the kitchen counter!
- 250 gr margarine, melted
- 250 gr granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250 gr self-rising flour, sifted
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (2 packets vanilla powder)
- 100 gr hazelnuts
- 100 gr tahini with cocoa
- Bake the hazelnuts for 10 minutes at 180° C.
- Take them out, put them in a clean cloth and rub them very good until the skin comes out.
- Put them in the processor and blend them for 5 minutes until they turn to a fine flour.
- Preheat oven to 160° C fan.
- Grease and flour a cake pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer, until it becomes light and fluffy and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting for the first egg to be completely incorporated in the mixture before adding the next one. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary and continue beating. Be careful not to drop any egg shells in the mixture. You can break them open in a bowl first, just to be sure.
- Add the vanilla and the orange zest and beat. Add half of the flour and beat just enough to incorporate it into the mixture. Add the remaining flour and the hazelnut flour and gently fold into the mixture with a spatula.
- Add half of the mixture to the cake pan.
- Add the tahini with cocoa and the remaining half of the cake batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until you insert a knife into the cake and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Tahini with cocoa is heavier so it will eventually go to the bottom of the cake.
- Remove from cake pan and decorate with icing and fresh berries, if you want to give a festive feeling.