Do you remember my salted caramel recipe I posted the other day? Well that was a major success in the house and so I decided to make a new round and go for a Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart!
My classic pate sucree filled with salted caramel, a super simple chocolate ganache and fleur de seul!
- Prepare the sweet dough tart as described here (click for recipe)
- When ready, let it cool down and set at room temperature.
- Fill a big bowl with cold water and add the gelatine sheets.
- Let them rest in a few minutes and the transfer them in another bowl.
- Add a shot of boiling water and whisk until they are completely dissolved.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the salted caramel and mix well.
- Put the salted caramel in the prepared tart.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, and then stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel. Spread it evenly and refrigerate for another 2-3 hours before serving. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and serve.