This is the most delicious recipe for rice pudding you’ve ever done! It is our family recipe that my mother always made when I was a kid!
All I did was add chocolate couverture!
IngredientsFor the rice pudding
- 250 gr Arborio rice, or rice for risotto
- 500 ml water
- 500 ml milk, 3,5% fat
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cinammon
- 100 gr chocolate cuverture
- Place a pot over medium heat.
- Add the rice, water, milk and heavy cream.
- In a small food processor, beat the granulated sugar, vanilla and cinammon, until finely ground.
- Add the aromatic mixture to the pot.
- Add the chocolate and stir.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, lower heat to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is cooked and the mixture thickens.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so, making sure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When ready, remove from heat, cover with lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide equally in to serving bowls.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings.