A fruity version of a dessert that people in any age love. Juicy inside and cruchy from the outside this dessert is the best way to draw a dinner with friends to a close.
- 200 g. butter, chopped
- 300 g. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- zest 2 large oranges
- 4 large eggs
- 350 g. caster sugar
- 100 g. plain flour
- 50 g. cocoa powder
- 6 slices of one orange
- Heat oven to 180ºC and line a 24 x 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every now and then, until smooth - take care not to overheat it.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour and cocoa, stir in.
- Pour into the lined tin, add the orange slices on top and bake for 35-40 mins.
- Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.