Within the next few days many nome day celebrations are coming! So I thought of making a tribute to sweets that you can make at home and share them as a treat at work.
Cariocas are always the number one choice in such cases! It is also a perfect sweet to clear up whatever biscuits and nuts you have at home.
Tip: To freshen up the nuts, you can simply bake them for 3 minutes in a well-preheated oven at 180 ° C. This will make them more crisp and fresh.
- 250 gr butter
- 4 eggs
- 450 gr cookies (whatever cookies you have home)
- 500 gr mixed nuts (whatever you prefer)
- 200 gr icing sugar
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon liquid vanilla (extract)
- 600 gr melted couverture, for coating
- Melt the butter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Beat the biscuits in the blender, but save a few little pieces.
- Beat the eggs in the mixer at the high speed with the icing sugar for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Slowly add the butter, continuing to beatt it
- Then add cocoa, crushed biscuits, vanilla and finally nuts.
- Remove from mixer bin and knead by hand.
- Lay the chocolate dough in two rolls.
- Cover the rolls in a membrane and place them for two hours in the freezer.
- Then remove the membrane, cut into slices of 1 cm thick.
- Melt the couverture into a double boiler by attaching a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Dip the cariocas one by one into the melted chocolate and "dress" them with chocolate on all sides.
- Let the cariocas in baking sheets to cool the chocolate.
- Keep them in the fridge.