Do not be afraid of the idea of cake! To build a cake just need to make a sponge cake and then coating the whole thing with a chocolate frosting.
You can also play with jams in between or with flavored syrup to make it more fragrant and juicy.
IngredientsFor the cake:
- 200 gr yoghurt
- 200 gr sugar
- 250 gr flour (sifted)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon. baking powder
- 60 gr margarine with butter
- 1 orange, zest
- 200 gr water
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 orange, only the skin
- 250 gr hazelnut praline
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons jam (Flavor of your choice)
- White chocolate flakes
- Orange zest
InstructionsFor sponge cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the sugar with the eggs in the mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, orange zest and mix with a spatula. Add the baking powder and the flour and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into two non-stick forms (15 cm in diameter) and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and put it in the fire.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes, lower it and let it cool down. Pass the syrup through a strainer and use it
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer and mix until a homogeneous mixture.
- With a bread knife cut the upper part of the two sponge cakes. Remove the top "skin" that is crisp.
- Then wet the cakes with the syrup using a brush.
- We put the first sponge on the platter,
- Cover the surface with the jam.
- On top of the jam spread 3 tablespoons of the frosting.
- Secure the second layer of sponge cake on top.
- Dress the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Optionally, decorate with white chocolate flakes and orange zest.