The fasting period seals the most delicious recipes for desserts with super foods like the Macedonian Tahini.
Today I create a dough with orange juice, almonds and coconut sugar and I fill it with a chocolate filling that is smelling tahini and orange. You will not need to use a mixer to create the dough, you just have to use a blender! For the filling, you simply melt the chocolate and the coconut cream, you stir with the Macedonian Tahini and the orange zest and you create a super delicious dessert.
Tip: I bake it in a tart tin but if you do not have one you can bake it in any baking pan, circular or rectangular.
Watch the video here:
IngredientsFor the dough
- 80 ml orange juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- 90 g coconut sugar
- 40 g almonds
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g couverture chocolate
- 150 g coconut cream
- 100 g tahini
- Zest of 1 orange
InstructionsFor the dough
- Blend the almonds and the coconut sugar in a blender until they have turned to coarse powder.
- Then add to a large bowl the flour with the baking powder and the almond-coconut sugar mixture.
- Stir properly with an egg whisk.
- Then add the olive oil and the orange and fold properly with a spatula.
- Stir until the dough has turned smooth.
- Place the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Prepare a tart tin by greasing it with olive oil by the aid of a brush and then lightly flouring it.
- Put the dough inside the tart tin and cover it with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Fill it with “weights” like chickpeas to prevent the dough from puffing up.
- Bake to properly preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the sheet of parchment paper and the “weights” and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Add the coconut cream to a small pan and warm it without bringing it to a boil.
- Add the chocolate to a bowl. Use chocolate pearls or the usual couverture that you have cut into small pieces.
- Pour the hot coconut cream in top of the chocolate and let it set for one minute.
- Stir with a spatula.
- Add the Macedonian Tahini and then the orange zest.
- Stir properly and pour it on top of the tart crust.
- Allow 3 hours to set and then cut into pieces.
- Preserve for up to 3 days (not in fridge).