Summer is here to remind us that we have to take care of ourselves! Salads are your best friend when you try to reduce the quantity of meat you consume, to lose weight, to detox and bulletproof your body against illnesses. Today, I give you a solution that is going to make them taste delicious and to multiply their beneficial properties, an almost “magical” ingredient, Green Matcha Ninja Tea.
In China and Japan it is an integral part of their culture. In Europe it has come in recent years and it has been in Greece even more recently. It is one of the most beautiful gifts you can do to yourself.
Matcha Ninja has 12 times the nutritional values and up to 137 times the antioxidant properties of green tea! It is worth mentioning that a matcha ninja mug is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea in nutritional values and antioxidant properties. The secret lies in the fact that in Matcha it is actually consumed the whole tea leaf, while in plain green tea it is distilled from the boiled water.
In summary the beneficial properties of Matcha Ninja:
- Helps prevent cancer.
- It is the best source of anti-oxidants in nature.
- Improves digestive function and enhances metabolism –the ultimate DETOX.
- It is a source of Energy and Concentration (It is considered the best substitute for coffee).
- Research shows that Matcha Ninja can have significant effects against depression and enhancement of well-being.
- Delays skin aging and fights diseases associated with aging and cell deterioration.
Today I use Matcha Ninja to make the most delicious sauce for my chickpea and green pea salad that is going to make you feel full, do you good and help you stay thin.
IngredientsFor the salad
- 200 g chickpeas, cooked
- 100 g green peas, cooked
- 10 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- 10 fresh leaves of spearmint
- 50 g vegan mayonnaise (available at super markets)
- ½ of a teaspoon Matcha Ninja
- ½ of a teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ of a teaspoon cayenne pepper
InstructionsFor the sauce
- Put the mayonnaise, the Matcha Ninja and the rest of the ingredients inside a bowl and stir properly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Thinly slice the spring onions.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Mix properly all ingredients inside a bowl.
- Transfer the salad to plates and dress it with the sauce.