Chestnuts and chocolate are the perfect combination for the home to smell like Christmas! This cake is perfect for closing the festive table in the most sophisticated way.
IngredientsFor chocolate pie
- 200 gr. flour, self rising
- 200 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. melted margarine with butter
- 5 eggs
- 60 gr. chestnut, pureed
- 5 chestnuts, cooked and finely chopped
- 150 gr couverture, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 gr. white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the sugar to melt, on low heat.
- Add the chopped couverture, stir and pour in hot water, pureed chestnut and finely chopped chestnuts.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and place them in the pot, mix slowly by stirring well with the wire, be carefull not to cook them.
- Add in another bowl flour with vanilla and baking powder and mix. Pour the dry ingredients in the saucepan and fold the mixture with a marjoram.
- Finally, add the brandy and keep blending.
- Butter a pyrex and pour the mixture in. Cook at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for only 18 minutes, until smooth. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- In a bain marie, melt white chocolate with sunflower oil and pour over the cold chocolate pie.