Today I cook a different summer salad with healthy bulgur, delicious cherries, vegetables, herbs and gruyère! It’s a perfect choice for a healthy lunch or dinner, more than this for office menu or to put in a lunchbox and take it with you when you are going to spend your day by the sea!
- BULGUR SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND VEGETABLES
- FETA CHEESE AND POMEGRANATE POTATO SALAD
- GREEK SALAD WITH AVOCADO
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 cup of bulgur (groats)
- ½ of an avocado, cut into cubes
- 100 g gruyère, cut into cubes
- 80 g cherries, pitted and sliced into halves
- ½ of a cucumber, cut into cubes
- 2 sprigs of thyme, only its chopped leaves
- 2 sprigs of spearmint, only its chopped leaves
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- Zest of a lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for garnishing
- Lemon for garnishing
- Put a frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil and 1 cup of bulgur.
- Sauté it for 2-3 minutes while stirring it, until it has aromatized and has turned golden brown.
- When it’s ready, remove from the heat.
- Add the herbs, 1 cup of vegetable broth, the lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture and put the frying pan back over the heat.
- When bubbles has started to form in the mixture, cover with a lid, remove from the heat and keep it aside for 10 minutes until it has absorbed its liquid.
- After 10 minutes, the bulgur is ready.
- Uncover the pan and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Then, stir it with two ladles so it has turned fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir the food.
- Optionally, you may pair it with chicken fillet.
- Serve into a plate and pour over it olive oil and a bit of lemon juice.