The runny yolk inside these pies with spicy feta filling is the most striking surprise you can bring to the Sunday breakfast, to any brunch or even as a starter in a homemade dinner party.
IngredientsFor the Dought
- 1/2 kg soft flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beaten egg
- A bit of salt
- 1 cup water
- 400 g.feta cheese cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 egg and 8 more yolks
- Put the flour, beaten egg, olive oil and salt in a bowl and add the water slowly in small portions until you have a pliable dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the filling. Mix well the feta cheese with yogurt, egg and pepper.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll each one into a thin sheet.
- Put a spoon of the filling on each one of the dough sheets giving some extra space for the yolk.
- Brush the edges of the dough with water using your fingers or a brush.
- Divide each sheet into three parts
- Fold the left part over the middle part and then the right part above the other two.
- Fry each cheese pie in extra virgin olive oil until they get a nice golden color on each side.