Today I prepare a foolproof easy recipe, perfect for office menu or a quick-to-prepare dinner when the workday is over. Bulgur is a cereal food made from the cracked parboiled groats of several different wheat species and the Greek cuisine shares this ingredient with the cuisines of the Middle East and India. Today, I combine it with vegetables and chickpeas.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- TARHANA WITH PANÉ CHICKEN BURGERS
- VEGAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- COUSCOUS WITH NAXO’S GRUYERE AND SYGKLINO
- 1 cup of bulgur
- 2 cups of water
- ½ of a teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup vegetables cut into cubes (carrot, green beans, peppers)
- ½ of a cup corn
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml extra virgin oil
- ½ of a lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon thinly cut fresh spearmint
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs for 4 minutes and keep them aside to cool down.
- Put the water and the salt inside a pot and place it over medium heat.
- Add the bulgur and the vegetables and simmer until all the water is absorbed.
- Then, cover the pot with a clean cotton kitchen towel and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the cooked chickpeas and the corn and combine properly.
- For the dressing: Place all ingredients inside a shaker and shake until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve in four plates, pour over with the dressing and combine.
- Then, cut the avocado in four quarters and thinly slice them.
- Garnish every plate with one egg and one avocado quarter cut into thin slices.