This is a recipe that you just have to try. Greek dish briam and feta cheese find their place in the filling of a super healthy whole wheat pie crust. The result is a perfect match of the contemporary cuisine with the traditional twist that is surprisingly tasty.
- JUST 4 INGREDIENTS SAVORY TART
- SAVORY METSOVONE CHEESE AND STRAWBERRY JAM TART
- PULLED PORK AND RICH BECHAMEL IN A TART
IngredientsFor the whole grain flour tart dough
- 250 g whole-grain flour
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 100 ml almond milk (or cow milk)
- 60 ml olive oil, plus more for the tart pan
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 aubergine, cut into small cubes
- 2 onions, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 baby zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200 g feta cheese, smashed into medium pieces
InstructionsFor the whole grain flour tart dough
- In a large bowl, mix the two types of flour and add salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil and the milk and start to knead the dough, gradually adding the egg until the dough has smoothed and softened.
- If it’s needed, correct by adding a bit of flour or water.
- Cover with cling film and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and grease a tart pan.
- On a floured surface, using a rolling pin flatten the dough to a thick sheet a size a bit larger than the width of the pan.
- Flatten the dough sheet so that it covers the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Cut and remove any parts of the dough that stick out.
- Cover the tart with a sheet of parchment paper and place on top of it some chickpeas.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and take out the parchment paper and the chickpeas.
- Wash, if needed peel and cut all the vegetables.
- Then, add the olive oil in a pan and put them inside.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, the thyme, the salt and the pepper and stir properly.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven, add the feta cheese to the pan and stir.
- Pour the mixture to the prebaked tart.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow the tart to cool and cut it into pieces.