The vegan cheesecake is without doubt the dessert of 2018. It has many variations but it is always addictive! As a result you visit the refrigerator more often than you would like to admit.
Today I created a version with blueberries that I collected myself from the village of Alexandros of Lefkada when I had gone a few days ago.
IngredientsFor the base:
- 50 gr almonds
- 50 gr hazelnuts
- 150 gr Medjool dates, seedless
- 2 tsp. Maple syrup
- 500 gr raw cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours or better than last night)
- 40 ml. agave syrup
- 20 ml coconut oil
- 15 black berries
- 50 black berries
InstructionsFor the base:
- Prepare a baking pan with detachable walls and place parchment paper on the bottom.
- Put the almonds and hazelnuts in the blender and beat them, until they look like crumbs.
- Add the dates and maple syrup and beat.
- Press the mixture to the base of the pan, and put aside. We can straighten it with a glass.
- Clean the blender and prepare for the next mixture.
- Soak the cashews in warm water for 5 hours. Drain and put them in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Beat until the mixture is creamy and homogeneous.
- We hold 100 gr of the mixture aside for the next preparation.
- Spread the cream evenly on the base and then lightly strike the mold on the surface of the bench, to release any air bubbles from the cream.
- Put it in the fridge to stand for as long as we prepare the mixture for the cream with blueberries
- In the blender beat the blakberries with the cream that we have kept from the previous step.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the top of the other layer and then lightly hit the mold on the surface of the bench, to release any air bubbles from the cream.
- Decorate the surface with the blueberries and put in the refrigerator to stand for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve.