This soup owes its deep lovely color to the baked beetroot! The earthy flavor of beetroot becomes softer as it get mixed with other vegetables.
Tip: Roasting the vegetables gives a wonderful magical aftertaste in the soup.
- 3 beetroots, cleaned
- 2 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon tabasco
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- cayenne pepper, for garnish
- Put the beets, carrots and sweet potatoes in aluminum foil, sprinkle some olive oil and salt pepper and wrap them well.
- Bake them in a well-preheated oven at 180 °C for 30-40 minutes until they are softened.
- Saute the remaining vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and then add the cooked vegetables.
- Add the herbs, zest and juice and mix.
- Add the broth and let the soup simmer on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender and let it boil.
- Serve and garnish with avocado slices.