This is a different and gourmet recipe for a pesto sauce, perfect for upgrading the humblest dish of pasta. The procedure is super easy, you just have to oven-bake the walnuts for some minutes and then everything is going to be done by your… blender!
Tip 1: The quantity of beetroot in the ingredients of the recipe is referred to peeled beetroots, with no stems and leaves. If you want them to be more delicious, wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them in the oven. If you prefer the easy way, just buy them ready to eat.
Tip 2: You can prepare the vegan version of the recipe by simply excluding the parmesan cheese.
- 400 g beetroot, peeled (net weight)
- 80 g walnuts
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- ½ or 1 clove of garlic
- ½ of a teaspoon crushed red pepper (or chili pepper)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic cream
- Salt and pepper
- Optionally, rocket or avocado (to garnish the dish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the walnuts for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place all ingredients inside a blender and blend until they are evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately on top of hot pasta and mix properly.
- You may garnish your dish with a bit of rocket or slices of avocado and some walnuts on top of them.