The spinach with rice is the perfect comford food that reminds us of mother but it is not difficult to make it for yourself!
Plus! The combination of vegetables that are a source of vitamin C and a high protein content & vitamin A are very beneficial
IngredientsIngredients for 6 servings For the spinach rice:
- 1000 gr Barba Stathis spinach rice
- 2/3 cup olive oil, for spinach
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 500 gr chicken fillet, thigh
- 1/3 cup olive oil, for chicken
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes
- 400 gr feta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- Salt and pepper, at will
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cover a pan of olive oil.
- Put the chicken fillets in and add salt and pepper.
- Bake them in a well preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- In a pan sauté the content of the spinach rice pack over low heat with olive oil for a few minutes.
- Strengthen the intensity of the fire and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and water.
- Once they start boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the spinach on the pan with the chicken.
- Add the mint, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Put the lemon zest, cover with a little olive oil and transfer to the oven where it will continue cooking for another 5-10 at 180 °C.