I have never met anybody who does not like the banoffee! It’s a dessert that has faithful fans all over the world!
Today, I’m changing the classic recipe and creating a different version in a glass. Stir dulce de leche with cream and lime cheese to make it less sweet and serve it in a glass for convenience.
- 1 box sweetened milk, dulce de leche
- 100 gr white couverture, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- 300gr cream cheese
- 100 gr digestive cookies, coarse crumbs
- 3 bananas
- 100 ml salted caramel. (You can get ready or make your own. Click here to see the recipe)
- Boil the sweetened milk for 3 hours to turn it into a dulce de leche and leave it to come to room temperature.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on a low heat.
- Pour the sweetened milk into the pan.
- Add the lime zest, vanilla and 100 gr chocolate.
- Remove from heat and mix, until the mixture is homogenized.
- Once it is brought to room temperature, pour it to a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and gently mix with a silicon spatula.
- Crumble the biscuits and fill the base of each glass.
- Add the cream.
- Then add half a banana sliced.
- Finally, fill with the caramel and serve.