Easy and vegan recipe! For some, this is a breakfast cake or something to nosh with afternoon coffee or tea.
- 225 g. self-raising flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100 g. brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 3 large black bananas, mashed
- 75 g. vegetable or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 50 g. dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- 3 tsp cocoa tahini
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork. Mix well with oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add any additional ingredients.
- Baked in a greased loaf tin for 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil, if the loaf cake is browning.
- Bake for another 40 minutes (approximately).
- Take it out of the oven and cover it with cocoa tahini on top.