Today I am making a super light cheesecake replacing cream cheese with DODONI authentic Greek yogurt. This will make it much lighter and refreshing.
I also add coconut oil in the base and lime in the filling to give an extra “tropical” and summer flavor.
IngredientsFor the base
- 250 gr. digestive biscuits for the base
- 80 gr. coconut oil
- 1200 gr DODONI authentic Greek yogurt 8% strained yogurt, at room temperature
- 300 gr sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs and 2 yolks
- 200 gr strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix biscuits and coconut oil in a blender.
- Cover a 28cm pan with baking paper. Use a detachable pan with high rim so you can take the cheesecake out of the pan easily.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of the pan and bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down.
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Mix yogurt for 2-3 minutes in a bowl.
- Slowly add sugar and mix for 2-3 minutes on medium/high speed. With a spatula clean all sides of the bowl.
- Add salt, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add 2 yolks and mix on slow speed. Again, with a spatula clean the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one by one and put mixture in the pan.
- Put it in the oven, bake for 10 minutes and without opening the oven lower the temperature to 100°C and continue baking for 1,5 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Top with strawberry jam and serve.