In a single bowl, mix all the ingredients and transfer to a pan! So simple and fast to make a juicy cake with cherries that is super aromatic from cinnamon and clove.
- 500 gr self raising flour
- 250 gr cherries (pitted, halved)
- 220 gr sunflower oil
- 200 gr sugar
- 1½ cup orange juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 125 gr nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to the resistors, upper and below, at 170 ° C
- In a bowl put the oil, sugar, zest, cinnamon and clove.
- With wire work the mixture for 2-3' to make it like cream and to melt the sugar.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice in a bowl and stir with caution why it puffs.
- Add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the flour and stir with the wire until the mixture is homogenized.
- Then add the walnuts and cherries and fold with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a form or a round baking dish.
- Bake in the bottom grill for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Alternatively, bake in air at 160 °C, in the middle grill for about 50 °C.
- Check the center with a knife, make sure it is properly roasted. The knife must come out dry from dough.
- As it is baked, it will double in volume.
- Allow the cake to cool and absorb the liquids before serving.