One of the reasons I love the summer is his fruits! But I like to cook them during the rest of the year, as i do with these bars that are stuffed with jam and dried apricots.
- NO-BAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS
- VEGAN OAT BARS WITH DRIED NUTS
- NUTTY FRUITY GRANOLA BARS (GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN)
- 350 gr dried apricots
- 280 gr apricot jam
- 1 tsp. natural lemon juice
- 170 gr flour, for all uses
- 150 gr liquid black sugar
- 40 gr oats
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 120 gr cream cheese
- 60 gr butter, cold cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Butter a 22 cm square baking pan.
- Cut the dried apricots into small pieces and transfer them to a saucepan along with 170 ml water. Boil them until they absorb almost all of the water.
- Remove from heat, add jam, lemon juice and mix.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, black sugar, oatmeal, lemon zest, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and butter and mix with a fork or hand mixer, until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- From this mixture keep about 200 gr. aside.
- Then add to the rest of the mixture 1 teaspoon of water and continue to beating until we have a dough ball.
- Put the dough in the pan and press by hand to go everywhere.
- Then press it with the bottom of a glass and bake for 15 minutes. Beware, because it shouldn't go brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the mixture with the apricots.
- On top, spread the mixture that was left aside, leaving small gaps.
- Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Then remove it from the oven and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cut the bars and serve.