Summertime, cool, perfect for a treat! A cheesecake with sweet apricots that is oven baked and then it is preserved in the fridge. Its cream has a wonderful feel and its summer fruits give to it the coolest air.
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 110 g brown sugar
- 170 g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 500 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ of a cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 medium apricots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons jam of your preference
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with the brown sugar and the butter until the flour has soaked and is looking like crumbs.
- Spread the mixture onto a properly greased pan 33 x 23
- Bake it for 15-18 minutes or until it has browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the white sugar and the vanilla extract, until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat on low, until they have been incorporated in the mixture.
- Spread the cram on top of the baked crust.
- In a small bowl, mix the apricots with the jam.
- Finally, top the cream with the apricots and cover the pan with aluminium foil (take care not to come into contact with the apricots).
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is baked. The final 10 minutes of baking, remove the foil.
- Remove from the oven and allow 2 hours to set before you slice it into pieces.