Today’s recipe is ideal for whoever is trying to put carbohydrates out of their diet but, at the same time, they do not want to be left with no dessert.
It’s an apple pie with oats crumble that is mixed with coconut butter and cinnamon (optionally). If you want, you may add dry nuts like almonds, walnuts or any of them you like.
- 6 red apples
- 4 tablespoons of coconut butter (or any kind of butter you like)
- 100 g oats
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (optionally)
- 50 g of dry nuts (optionally)
- Melt the coconut butter and mix it with the oats.
- Peel the apples and cut them in pieces (me myself, I cut every apple to 6 pieces for quick baking).
- Mix the apples with the oats-butter mixture and transfer to a non-stick baking pan.
- Optionally, sprinkle cinnamon on it and add the dry nuts.
- Bake in properly preheated oven to 180°C for 40 minutes.