Florina peppers are the key ingredient of today’s recipe, thanks to their thick flesh and sweet flavour. They are baked in the oven, peeled and blended with almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and spices. The result is an extraordinary sauce that is more than perfect for linguini.
- SPINACH AVOCADO PESTO
- SPAGHETTI WITH PUMPKIN SAUCE
- HOW TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE FOR PASTA
- 6 Florina peppers
- 150 g almonds
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of an onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Thinly cut the onion.
- Put a bit of olive oil inside a baking pan and add the peppers and the onion.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, transfer them inside a bowl and cover them with cling film for about one hour, until they have steamed.
- Then peel them off removing their skin.
- Transfer all ingredients inside a blender and blend until you have got a smooth sauce.
- Serve on top of hot pasta, preferably linguini.