A super zucchini pie with fyllo pastry sheets and a filling of grated zucchini, onion, feta cheese, anthotyros cheese and kefalograviera cheese. The olive oil and the freshly ground pepper are the ingredients that give to the pie its refined taste!
- 8 fyllo pastry sheets
- 4 zucchinis, thickly grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 200 g feta cheese, coarsely smashed
- 200 g anthotyros cheese, coarsely smashed
- 200 g kefalograviera cheese, grated
- Olive oil for greasing the fyllo pastry sheets
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt (optionally)
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Sauté properly the onion until golden brown and then add the zucchini.
- Simmer it until its liquids have evaporated.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the cheeses.
- When the zucchini has cooked, add it to the bowl with the cheeses and stir properly.
- Grease a baking tin with olive oil.
- Add a fyllo pastry sheet to the bottom of the tin and grease it properly.
- Add some spoons of the filling and spread it to the surface of the fyllo pastry sheet.
- Then, add the next fyllo pastry sheet and grease properly its surface.
- Add filling and spread it.
- Repeat the procedure 3 more times.
- Add the fyllo pastry sheets that have remained to the top of the pie, greasing properly each one of them.
- Cut into pieces only the surface of the pie. Beware not to allow the knife to reach the bottom of the pie, so the bottom fyllo pastry sheets will not be cut.
- Finally, cover with aluminium foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes to 160°C – remove the aluminium foil the final 30 minutes.