A foolproof to prepare recipe for super delicious eggplant böreks that they are prepared in a glimpse of an eye, they are impressive and they are enjoyed by kids and adults alike. You all have to try it!
Tip: With the quantities mentioned you may prepare 6 large böreks or 12 small ones by cutting the fyllo pastry sheets at halves.
- 4 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 250 g haloumi cheese, grated
- 6 fyllo pastry sheets
- Chop the onion into small cubes and the eggplants into 1 cm cubes.
- Add 50 ml of olive oil in a large, non-stick pan and bring it to a heat.
- Add the onion and the eggplant cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the eggplant has completely softened, for about 20 minutes.
- Add the grated haloumi cheese and stir the mix.
- Then, unwrap the fyllo pastry sheets, one by one.
- Top each one of them with 3 tablespoons of the cooked eggplant and, using a brush, grease their edges with olive oil.
- Close their sides like an envelope and wrap each one of the sheets into an oblong börek.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- When you have transferred all of them, cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes – the last 20 minutes having the aluminium foil removed.
- Serve with yoghurt.