Any attempt of tracking down the historical roots of fudge is lost in between the correspondence of American women’s colleges inmates in the closing years of the 19th century. The late years, fudge is one of the most popular reinvented desserts and new trends focus on the addition of original ingredients that please both the palate and the eye! In the foolproof Christmas recipe that follows, the key ingredient is Oreo cookies.
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 500 g white chocolate
- 50 g butter
- 250 g Oreo cookies
- Crash Oreo cookies into large chunks.
- Set-up a bain-marie by attaching a bowl made of glass inside a pot with simmering water.
- Put the sweetened condensed milk, the white chocolate and the butter inside the bowl.
- Allow to heat until they have melted and then remove the bowl from the pot.
- Add the biscuits and combine the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Cut the fudge into cubes before serving.