Every time I am surprised at how rich and tasty the recipes I make with the minimal of materials.
This time i pair avocado with couverture and that duo changes completely!
- 180 gr dark chocolate
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- zest from 1 orange (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for rolling (optional)
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla extract and pinch of salt over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth.
- Mash the avocado in a blender until no lumps are visible, then stir it into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth and thickened.
- Add orange zest and and stir well. Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Once the mixture has been chilled and is slightly firm, use a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate into 12 balls.
- Place them on a pan lined with parchment paper, and roll the balls between the palms of your hand to create the truffles.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in small bowl, and roll each truffle into the cocoa to coat.