This is a super eggplant hummus recipe with sea salt and paprika that is perfect as a side dish. Nonetheless, you may also try it as a spread on top of a slice of wholegrain bread. In case you engage into fasting for the Lent or the Holy Week, this is a perfect recipe for the days you include olive oil in your diet.
- BEETROOT AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- VEGAN CHICKPEAS AND SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI (GLUTEN FREE)
- 400 g chickpeas, cooked
- 3 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 full tablespoon of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 80 ml extra olive oil (plus some more for sprinkling)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika (optionally)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a large pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplants and the onion into cubes, then sprinkle them with olive oil and transfer them to the prepared pan.
- Bake them at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and add them to a blender.
- Add the tahini, the garlic, salt, the lemon juice and a couple of tablespoons water. Blend them altogether, gradually adding in the olive oil.
- When all ingredients are equally distributed and the mixture is soft and smooth, put it in a plate.
- Sprinkle on top of it some extra olive oil.
- For extra garnishing, you may use the zest of the lemon, some chickpeas and some cubes of eggplant.